The U.S. Forest Service's Mount Shasta Ranger District speaks about the ever-changing climbing conditions on Mt. Shasta. In this presentation, experts will help you prepare for a safe and successful climb of this majestic peak via the Avalanche Gulch route, and will discuss some of the more popular routes on the north side of the mountain. Find out about gear, clothing, permits, low impact camping, climbing protocol, route specifics, and the most current weather and safety hazards. Regardless of your skill level, you will get the tips to help enhance your next Shasta adventure!
These presentations are held at regional REI stores.
- March 21, 7 - 8:30 PM - Roseville REI and Saratoga REI
- March 22, 7 - 8:30 PM - Sacramento REI and San Carlos REI
- March 23, 7 - 8:30 PM - Stockton REI
- April 11, 7 - 8:30 PM - Santa Rosa REI
- April 12, 7 - 8:30 PM - Concord REI
- June 6, 7 - 8:30 PM - San Francisco REI
- June 7, 7 - 8:30 PM - Berkeley REI